Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A year ago today: 22nd Feb 2011, Christchurch Earthquake

A day for remembering back on last years events.  



It's been a hard year with many more "aftershocks" effecting our lives.  We, and our children will never forget what happened, the day that changed everything.

A year on, we are still avoiding potholes, dealing with the EQC, staring at cracks in the walls, feeling "shakies", unsure of our future, staring at containers, and making back-up plans for any situations.

All a result from mother nature doing what she did.

BUT life does go on and it's one foot in front of the other.

I heard a quote today and it said:

"People or things may knock you down, but it's only up to you to get yourself up"

You can read my account and my daughters accounts from last year, here and here.

I'm grateful to all of you for reading and continuing to support my design endeavours.  This part of my life keeps me sane and grounded.  It's who I am.  It's helped me get through situations I was unsure I could handle.  That makes me proud and very happy to be me.

Alex.

1 comment: